Thursday, March 16, 2017

Down at the Gallery

A couple of weeks ago I watched a great documentary about the National Gallery on DVD, as I was too tired to go out on an art expedition myself. The film is three hours long, with no narrative, no talking heads and no voice over. It felt just as rewarding to watch it as it would have been walking around the gallery in person. I've been there plenty of times, but it was really interesting seeing what happens behind the scenes, especially in the restoration department. Last week I went down to the National Gallery to have a look round again, finding the art that had been featured in the film as well as snapping pics of my fellow visitors. Most large museums and art galleries here have free admission, which is lucky, as it's great to be able to re-visit gems like these over and over again. So maybe I should stop moaning about how crap London is now, eh?
Read more @ my funny eye

0 comments:

Post a Comment